Engraved Acrylic Lables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly a DIY electrician type question, but i wonder if anyone has any experience of making engraved labels.

I'm looking for a machine to produce labels such as in the image below. I think that one is on 6mm acrylic. All i can find on Google are eBay special build at home laser engravers. This is for work (we are adding some gauges to a panel and as such need to make labels. I have a dymo style sticky machine but that's a bit naff), and will be used fairly frequently although not everyday.

Sponsored Links
Google traffolyte engravers, but make sure you're sitting down...

Thanks for that. Looking at some links now. Thinking it might be better to have labels made for us at the price of those machines. (y)

Timpsons the shoe repairers (and key cutters) do engraved labels to customer specs

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A lot of key-cutting shops have engraving machines for dog tags etc and would be able to produce simple engraved labels same-day.

Goggle cablecraft label shop, I personally recommend the laser cut rather than the engraved traffolyte type.... the plastic is much better, I have order 10's of thousands of pounds worth of labels from here and the quality is great.

I'm not affiliated with them but build a lot of control system cabinets and order them a lot. Not cheap but quality generally isnt.

Douards engraving in portslade (near Brighton) is where we get all out engraved labels made for switch panels and substations etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers guys. Going to try a few small local places as suggested above. My local tipsons don't do this sort of engraving for some reason.

The problem is the sheet matieral is expensive and comes in huge sheets, you would need another method of breaking the sheets down to fit the engraving machine ( I brought a machine and thought I'd save money )
Good luck

I used a traffolyte engraver and it took some time to get use to using it, and not to have to re-do labels. One needs to do a lot of labels to be worth learning how to use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back