Enlarging Hatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Im looking to extend the hatch to fit a new plastic door and frame but the roof is a pre-fab and the sites say this is a no go, the reason im asking is im not exactly taking one away just moving part of it 150mm to one side to accomadate the new frame, im trying to upload a picture to make things easier, i know its not the easiest explaination of what im trying to do :oops:
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks
wayne
Basicly cut joist A and move to the left 150mm and fix creating joist B

[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to show on the drawing any ceiling joists resting on the bearing walls?

Hi Masona
I have updated the picture with the load bearer but the solid wall is downstairs only with the bedroom floor lying on this, above the load bearer is a partition wall for the bedrooms although it is in the same place.
I hope that makes sense
Wayne

the roof is a pre-fab
Just to make sure, is it a gang-nailed roof trusses?

images

Sponsored Links
Sadly you can't cut out any of the trusses but bear with me, I'll dig out my old stuff to investigate however this can be done but will needs extra purlins & binders, really need SE to look at it :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back