Ensuite - waste and soil connecting under shower tray photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Long time reader - first time writer.

I am taking on an en-suite (keen DIYer) and have a question regarding drainage.

The easiest and possibly only way to connect the soil and water waste (basin and shower) is inside the house and under the shower tray (see photos) using 2 boss connectors (32 and 40mm pipes). I have spent a few hours googling for an answer and I can't find a definitive answer if this would meet building regulations or cause any unforeseen issues?

Might not be obvious in photos but there is a fall on all pipes that meets current requirements

The only possible drawback I can see is that flushing the toilet may cause a vacuum on the shower trap?

Any help or advise would be much appreciated - I want to get it right before cementing a shower tray in.

Thanks,
Rhys

Sponsored Links
Yes, floorboards removed at back, not obvious in photos but it meets current requirements, just over 20mm per/meter.

Ah the concept of single stack soil vent systems is completely lost on you??!!
All waste pipes should connect to a vertical SVP. If you check the installation instructions of any plastics manufacturer that will be confirmed.

Plumbing is a skill based on physics, installation instructions, sound knowledge & experience. Not for the DaftyDIYer or the hard of thinking.

Sponsored Links
All waste pipes should connect to a vertical SVP.

Thanks for that,

Once out of the wall the vertical soil is vented, I was looking for a way (if possible) to connect them horizontally before exiting the house.

As taking additional pipe work (basin and shower waste) outside and connecting vertically is only option then I will do that instead.

It didn't feel right having the connections as they are, that is why I posted it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back