Envirochem for asbestos testing - anyone used them? (+ How to send samples?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently made a thread about asbestos sampling in my house and got some fantastic replies. Cheers for those. So, armed with that knowledge I'm now ready to prepare the samples and send them off to be checked. The cheapest company I've found is Envirochem. £15 for the first sample and £5 per additional. Add a one off £10 if you also want their kit with PPE, sample bags, etc. I've also been chatting with them and they've been very helpful. Just wanted to share that in case it is of use to anyone.

At the same time I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has used them in the past. How did you get on? I'll post back once I've used them for the benefit of anyone who comes across this in the future.

Oh, and one other thing. I know the samples have to be sealed, double bagged, etc. But can the package once it's made up be sent via royal mail and/or standard couriers?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'll post back once I've used them for the benefit of anyone who comes across this in the future.

Well, better late than never I guess :)

And after having had samples tested etc would I recommend them...? Absolutely!!! They have been fantastic. Phenomenally helpful, cheap (£70 for 10 samples), and even agreed to do an additional sample a few weeks later for free. I just wish all companies were this good.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I used envirochem -as a result of seeing this thread.

I would certainly recommend them.

They send the kits out, do as per instructions ( basically put a small sample into bag, label), post back by royal mail.

They then email the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back