EPDM FLAT ROOF CONDENSATION/FROST PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help here..I`ve just have an new extension built. Part of which is flat roofed. Roof is fitted with EPDM bonded onto roof board. (thought this would be better than felt)Insulation was 150mm Kingspan double foiled between the joists.
Issue is that with the severe cold/frost the underside of the flat roof deck is frosted up/frozen. You can see the frost between the gap of insulation and the roof deck.
The roof space is not vented and there is no heating in the cottage at the moment. I know its a condensation issue as roof is not leaking but how do I go about stopping this from frosting up in the cold? Should the insulation be tight against the roof deck? I`ve spoke to different people and all give different answers. Has anyone had this problem before? Heard it should have a 50mm gap between insulation and roof deck with vents..then told no need..Is this insulation ok, would foam filled be better?
Basically chasing my tail and any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back