EPDM.......Yes or No !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just ready to cover small OSB covered flat roof 1.5 x 3.5 metres. Was going to do traditional 3 layer torch-on but EPDM looks an easier and cheaper option. Any of you guys got an opinion on the best of these two options ??

Sponsored Links
For that size job I would think the best way of looking at it would be the actual cost of materials bearing in mind that you would have to buy full rolls and full cartons of any adhesive so it's more overall cost of materials rather than cost per metre that would be the over-riding factor, I would think the labour element would be the same whatever option.

For that size job I would think the best way of looking at it would be the actual cost of materials bearing in mind that you would have to buy full rolls and full cartons of any adhesive so it's more overall cost of materials rather than cost per metre that would be the over-riding factor, I would think the labour element would be the same whatever option.
....Thanks for that.....the cost for EDPM is cheaper at £90 but I am more concerned about the quality/durability of the finished job.....never having used EDPM before I just don't know how effective it is.......the length of g'tee would seem to suggest it is ok stuff!!

Sponsored Links
....Thanks for that.....the cost for EDPM is cheaper at £90 but I am more concerned about the quality/durability of the finished job.....never having used EDPM before I just don't know how effective it is.......the length of g'tee would seem to suggest it is ok stuff!!

You'd still need to buy a tub of glue, the smallest we get is a 10ltr at £60 plus VAT.

There is a place in Sutton Coldfield, that will beat £90 for the EPDM see this ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....002079&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT#ht_914wt_1137

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back