Epoxy tile grout, advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me.

I'm tiling a bathroom with a walk in shower using 600 x 600 porcelain tiles; floor & walls. It has mostly plastered walls and a wooden floor therefore I have used tile baker board on the partition walls around the shower, membrane on the solid walls and decoupling membrane (Ditra) on the floor.

I would like to use epoxy grout but after watching many videos on eBay I'm still unsure which epoxy grout is best. Some are three part some are two, some seem to mix to a very thick consistence some look thinner and easier to apply. Work times seem vary from 30 mins to 90 mins. Some seem to suggest that nothing more than hot water is needed to thoroughly clean, while others recommend cleaning agents, which are usually very expensive. Some float it in while others use grout guns, or grout bags.

I'm confused, could anybody give me some advice on the best way forward...
What type of epoxy grout is best.
Is there any type, or make that is easier for a first timer to handle.
Is hot water sufficient to thoroughly clean off the residue.
Is it easiest to gun it in, or to float it into the joints.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi bobasd,
Epoxy Grout is waterproof, so I thought would be more suitable for my shower area that is likley to be damp a lot.
Being waterproof would make it more resistant to bacteria and less likely to discolour over time.

Sponsored Links
OP,
epoxy might be difficult for you to work with?
go into the nearest professional tile supplies store and ask about grouts for a DIY'er.
or ask them about a particular epoxy grout that might be suitable for you in application and cleaning.
cleaning can give the most difficulties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back