EPS70 insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have excess EPS70 Kay Metzeler 120mm insulation, could I use it in between joists in a flat roof instead of rigid?

Sponsored Links
I have excess EPS70 Kay Metzeler 120mm insulation, could I use it in between joists in a flat roof instead of rigid?
Between? Are you venting the roof or putting additional insulation across the top of the joists?

Are you drawing a distinction between 120mm EPS board and rigid board? What do you mean by "rigid"?

Are you drawing a distinction between 120mm EPS board and rigid board? What do you mean by "rigid"?
Yes, PIR ("rigid") boards have better thermal parameters.

But I was asking if the EPS70 would be appropriate in the flat roof joists for other reasons, as it is made for floors and walls.

Between? Are you venting the roof or putting additional insulation across the top of the joists?

It is a cold flat roof, a one story side extension attached to the side of the house below the gables.

The layers are:
"3 layer torch on system with mineral finish"
18mm ply
firrings
150mm joists

There are soffit vents on all 3 sides of this roof for ventilation and due to the firrings many gaps above the joists as well.

Sponsored Links
Yes, PIR ("rigid") boards have better thermal parameters
Rigidity, to me, is not about thermal performance; it's about structure. I regard EPS boards as "rigid", in contrast to e.g. blown EPS bead which is not rigid..

You can use EPS board in a roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back