Equipotential bonding bathrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother just attended a one week Part P familiarization course. The purpose of which was to make him aware of Part P requirements. However the instructor told him that when creating the equipotential bonding in the bathroom areas that it is not necessary to connect the pipes connected together with a bonding connection, to the main house earth. Simply that the bonding ensures that the pipes are at the same potential.

I was always under the impression that the bonding of the pipes is to ensure that any leakage of electricity onto the pipes from anywhere will get shorted to earth and therefore trip the ECB on the consumer unit.

Equipotential bonding is an apparently much debated topic as to the correct methods etc.

I would add that I am not yet qualified as a competent person but am studying for the exams.

Sponsored Links
It is equipotential bonding which the prime purpose of is to keep all ecps in the location at or about the same potential. Click me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back