Era 193-37-2 Nightlatch Spring Location?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, while taking the back plate off of an Era 193-37-2 a the spring that pushes the latch popped out, and for the life of me I cant figure out how it goes back in!

Here's a picture of the lock, and my best guess at where it should go, but it doesn't quite work.

Any advice on where it goes, or where I can get info would be appreciated. Thanks!

lock 1.jpg

lock 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi mate. I am having thre same problem and started when Iwanted to figure out why it was getting stiff. I have spent two hours trying to figure out where the spring goes. What I know is that thre spring should push the large silver metal bit forwards. I have attached a photo of the opened mechanism.

Any ideas or did you finally manage to solve it?

Attachments

• 20211201_224640.jpg
    20211201_224640.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 671
@Hopegata

this is not the same lock, but I think it will be something like

ChubbNightlatchInternalSpring.jpg

There are probably wear marks round the pin that the eye of the spring loops onto, and a rub mark where the end bears. Under compression the spring will not be the shape you currently see.

Is it the pin at the handle end and the round protrusion like a nail head at the back of the plate where the latch is at the front?

Your pin may have broken loose as it is difficult for the spring to come out of place without dismantling the lock.

If no better answers, I will see if I can find one in the bits crate.

The factory grease hardens with age. You can clean it off with petrol and relube.

Had same issue. Figured out it goes like this. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• PXL_20221020_083051483.jpg
    PXL_20221020_083051483.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 951
Sponsored Links
Thanks Neod. I had this problem as well - opened up the mechanism and the spring flew out. I spent ages grappling with it until I found your post. The photo shows exactly how it fits. You've just saved me a great deal of frustration!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back