ERA hook lock not locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an era lock that seems to be of the type with 2 hooks, that works by pushing up door handle, which engages 2 hooks into holes in frame and also a middle block that looks like a normal yale lock. The house was built in 2008. At the moment I cannot turn the door handle up far enough to be able to turn the key to lock it.

When I turn the handle the hooks pop out but just cant turn it enough, I oiled it before and managed to get it working again, but this time it looks to be not budging even with oil.

If I unscrew the door handle and lock area what can i expect to see and will the problem be in the lock or the mechanism along the length of the door? I am guessing the problem is with the lock are by handle.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Try lifting the handle and turn the key, as if you are locking the door but do it with the door open..........does it work?

If so it sounds as if the door has dropped a touch, is a pvc or composite/steel faced door?

I have tried to lock door with key when door is open, and still does not lock so it is not to do with the door frame.

I managed to lock it just by trying lots of times and will use the back door until I know how to fix or until I can afford a locksmith.

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back