Erbauer power tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

This is my first post on this forum, so go easy :)

Im looking at buying a power mitre saw but dont have a huge budget.

The Erbauer 10" sliding mitre saw (129.99 from screwfix) looks good value and seems to do what I want. I know you get what you pay for and I have fallen foul to cheap powertools in the past. If I could afford the 500 quid bosch one, that would be my choice.

What I want to know is if anyone has any experience with Erbauer products? They all seem to be cheap, but does that mean they are really pants?
I mean rexon are way cheaper than bosch but they seem decent enough.

To be honest, all I care about is that the damn thing makes straight cuts and at the angle I have set. If not I may as well buy a new hand saw and do them myself.

any thoughts hugely appreciated.

thanks

Damo

Sponsored Links
Another knowledgeable opinion could be had by asking the store that sells these Erbauer miter saws where you take them for repairs if needed.

Then go ask the guy who repairs them what he thinks of them. The places that repair tools will generally repair a lot of different brands, and he'll know how well they stack up to other brands.

And, of course, the guy that repairs those tools gets paid the same regardless of whether or not you buy one, and that's comforting.

I may be wrong but isnt erbauer exclusive to screwfix??/ in which case dont touch it.
by the way the you should be able to pick a bosch GCM10S mitre saw up for about £400 NOT £500 , I know i'm splitting hairs but at least you are getting a good tool with a 3 year warrentry

Sponsored Links
We have an erbauer 12v cordless at work which is about 2 yrs old and it's been fine. I think you get a 3 yr guarantee with these tools which is probably why I bought a cheapie. I bought a hitachi cordless which was in for repair twice in the first year and is now relegated to home use as it's cr*p.

dj damo said:
What I want to know is if anyone has any experience with Erbauer products?

got an erbauer SDS drill. gears locked up after a few uses. got replaced. few month later, chuck wouldnt take drill bits without hammering them in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back