Erection of steel goal post

The scaffold is not actually taking the side loads. The hoist is attached to the acrow. The acrow is braced along its length through ropes to the house structure. The acrow prop is taking the vertical load to the ground. It did successfully lift the steel a few feet without budging until the limiters kicked in. I haven't hired any equipment ... yet. I 'm just using stuff I have.

Sponsored Links
Still needs a vertical lift, though, or lots of bodies. I've hired portable gantries to do lifts like this in the past on large timber beams

I've just watched a series of videos on how the Amish raise a barn. Incredible. I'm thinking of converting. Although the lack of beer, internet and fast cars might be a slight issue.
What about choice of women??

Sponsored Links
Ready ...

IMG_3146.jpeg

Steady ...

IMG_3153.jpeg

Cook ... I mean Go...

IMG_3160.jpeg

Yes but I braced it with a bit of string and some 4 by 2.

(Not really.)

The hoist was attached through a bracket to an acrow prop that was supported by blocks. The acrow was attached to the house. The scaffold tower really just provided a frame to surround the prop. Very little actual load on the tower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back