erratic CM67 / HC60 : won't come on or stay on with demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System installed in old house in 2006. Worcester Greenstar Ri boiler, Honeywell CM67/61NG Room Unit and HC60NG relay box plus Drayton Lifestyle Dual Channel LP 522 programmer. System was last serviced 2 months ago.

I am experiencing very erratic, mostly non – operation of the heating system and would appreciate any advice on which components are likely to be the culprits.

When the system was installed we were not informed in advance of what the units were going to be and were in fact unaware for a long time of the existence of the Drayton unit which was hidden away out of sight in the airing cupboard. Hot water was assumed to be continuous and we tried to use the CM67 to programme heating with variable success before discovering the Drayton unit which was on its default setting as far as timing was concerned, so conflicting with the CM67 programming.

Following advice after last maintenance we now have the LP522 set to “On” for Hot Water and “once per day 0700-2230” for CH (we are retired so basically at home all day), and the CM67 is set to "Manual" for use solely as a room thermostat, set for 20 deg. Ambient temp is currently about 15. However the boiler is not reliably coming on with the ambient is below demand. It seems to come on at random intervals for about 20 mins then goes off again.

I have established that the CM67 is connecting with the HC60 – the flame indicator and green light on the relay synchronise when the demand temperature is changed to below ambient and come on again when raised above. There is an audible click at this time.

On a few occasions the boiler has restarted after this process of dropping the demand temp and then raising it. However the boiler goes out again after 15 or 20 minutes while with both relay green light and thermostat flame still indicator remain on. This process is not consistent.

Any suggestions please: do I need a new relay, thermostat or both and if so what’s the recommendation as I understood these Honeywell units are now obsolete?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back