Honeywell CM67 wiring problem - Brrrrrrrr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I replaced -rather tried- a vintage honeywell stat with a new cm67. the property has a potterton suprima L for heating (water is supllied through a separate(!!) water cylinder). The boiler is connected to a programmer, an Invesys/Drayton Lifestyle LP111.
The problems started when i tried to wire the cm67. it has 3 connectors, but there were 4 cables coming out of the wall. Red, Blue, Earth & a yellow one. I presumed that the red was live -into connector A- & the blue neutral - into connector B. I taped the yellow, but when trying to operate the system, the programmer fuse blew.

Please any suggestions re wiring would be greatly appreciated!!!

also, is there any use for the drayton or can cm67 operate by itself?

Sponsored Links
NOt surprised the fuse blew!
Probably the wires you need are the red and the yellow. The old stat would have needed a neutral, probably blue - so when your stat connected live, to neutral - pop. You should check the wires at the programmer etc really, but if all that can happen is blowing a fuse.....

thanks Chris
so you suggest that i connect red to A and yellow -not blue- to B. in which case i tape blue and do not connect?
i have 4 spares :LOL:

tks for the help!

Sponsored Links
oh, don't go there. thank god i've got a spare drayton 711.
never mix 13 & 3 amp!!! some things you learn the hard way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back