Error Code 0135

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I got a Ford KA I have a problem with heater motor not working. Ive checked mostly everthing including resistor under passenger seat and fuses etc.
I purchased a cheap code error unit. Plugged it in and its says heater malfunction error code 0135 Bank 1 Unit 1
Not being to good with this error. Can somebody tell me what part I need please. Got an idea it may be units behind the fusebox
Many thanks and what a great forum
Ray

Sponsored Links
your code reader wont read fault codes from the heater system, only the engine management system. The code you have listed is for a fault on the engine lambda sensor heater circuit, which may be an old code that was rectified.
If you have checked the fuses etc then the next step would be to start testing for voltages at the switch and motor terminals

Reset the lambda code with the reader and see if it comes back.

The heater problem is probably one of the following:

The heater fuse
The heater resistor pack
The heater switch
The heater motor
The connections joining the 4

If you have no heater in any speed setting it probably is the fuse or the 12 volt supply to the resistor pack. Also check the earth connection to the heater motor, not sure where that is on the KA.

Hope this helps

Hi
Done everything sugested, but still the motor dead. Put a dirct current to the motor and it fire up ok, Checked aconnections and earth leads. Out of curiosity, what does bank 1 unit 1 mean. Is there a unit behind the fuse box faulty . as there are quite a few on the block.
Many thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
Hi
Done everything sugested, but still the motor dead. Put a dirct current to the motor and it fire up ok, Checked aconnections and earth leads. Out of curiosity, what does bank 1 unit 1 mean. Is there a unit behind the fuse box faulty . as there are quite a few on the block.
Many thanks
Ray

Just out of curiousity mate, have you checked for continuity on all your wires ? just a thought

Out of curiosity, what does bank 1 unit 1 mean. Is there a unit behind the fuse box faulty . as there are quite a few on the block.
Many thanks
Ray
A lambda sensor is a small unit which is in the exhaust pipe and measures the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas. It will have nothing to do with the fault with your fan blower.
I think bank 1 unit 1 means it is pre catalystic converter, bank 2 post cat but not 100% sure without checking.

Do you have a multimeter for testing to see if you have voltage at the fan blower motor when it is switched on?
When you say you checked the fuse did you manage to find one specifically for the fan blower motor? Sometimes fords have fuse boxes hidden in obscure places such as behind the glove box, I'd imagine that the one for the fan motor will be in the engine bay tho. I will try to see if I can find a wiring diagram later, what age and model KA?

Hi
Thanks for all the help
The car is the Ford KA Collection The year of reg is on a Y plate
May be old but in exellent condition and only 23.000 on the clock.
So got a few years left in the old bidder. Hope I can sort this heater problem out Yes check for continuity and switch ok Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold weather
Ray

Try checking/replacing fuse No. 12.( heater blower motor fuse )

The fault code relates to the lambda sensor that has already been explained in earlier posts and has nothing to do with the heater blower motor.

;)

As jonnyfishing says the fuse should be no 12, in the facia fuse box below the steering wheel to the right.
Do you have a multimeter?
If so set it to volts DC and with the ignition on, measure the voltage from both sides of the fuse with respect to earth (vehicle chassis). You should see 12v.
Next, with the fan speed set to full, try the voltages on the fan motor. You should 12v on the violet/orange wire and 0v on the black/red wire. If you see 12v on the black/red then the fault is downstream in the resistor pack, switch or wiring.

Sponsored Links
Back