error message ?

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hi. Anyone know what the following error message means?

ERROR: MEMORY ON LINE 90 NEARLY FULL.. OK.

Only happend once and p/c seems fine. erm well, as far as I can see anyway.
Cheers
john

Sponsored Links
looks like the memory on line 90 is nearly full methinks

Can you give more detail, when does this message occur, what operating system etc.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
looks like the memory on line 90 is nearly full methinks

I asked for that methinks :oops: :LOL:
Sorry had a few stellas round p/c last night.

Amd Atholon 1500+
1333MHz
120 gig h/d
640 ram.
windows xp home sp2.

error message came up again tonight when signing on to aol (no laffin please). restarted etc but error didnt show again.
Tonight though message read [/b]out of memory on line 94 ok. (was 90 ) last night.
p/c seems ok though I have recently replaced whinning H/D and upgraded memory by 512 to give me memory of 640. (ram). message was there before i changed ram though.
It seems to only appear when signing on maybe an aol thing?
as you probably realise I'm not p/c literate :LOL: so any thoughts , advice appreciated .
cheers
john

Diyisfun said:
Have you done a 'google' search, theres plenty of references
Could you perhaps post one of them here?

Maybe you have a large number of emails in your AOL mailbox?

Igorian said:
Maybe you have a large number of emails in your AOL mailbox?

Thanks igorian.

It was an aol thing. A techie on message board rekond to untick topspeed and never compress graphics. Though I still dont have a clue what line 94 is :LOL:

confidentincompetent said:
signing on to aol (no laffin please)

And once again:

1136418689_aol-censored.JPG

I make no apology for repeatedly posting this pic every time someone mentions AOHell - the message needs to get accross!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ninebob said:
signing on to aol (no laffin please)

And once again:

1136418689_aol-censored.JPG

I make no apology for repeatedly posting this pic every time someone mentions AOHell - the message needs to get accross!

I know I know :) Trouble is each time I decide to cancel they give me another free month :LOL: But fked up last time they put me on b/b silver for same price for 6 mths and free mcafee virus as well as normal firewall :cool: Must be desperate :LOL: But is 12 mth contract and 6 mths nearly up :eek:
Thing is I dont know what I'm missing as I have not yet experienced other isp's yet. Whats the main gripe with aol in your opinion?

Thing is I dont know what I'm missing as I have not yet experienced other isp's yet. Whats the main gripe with aol in your opinion?
Literally what it says in the pic - Once it's on..... Seriously, the AOL software itself is my main gripe - it's worse than some viruses in the way in installs itself so deeply into your PC. I'm sure some experts can get rid of it, but in my opinion only a full format and re-install of windows will do.

Having said that, I did read recently that there's a way to access AOL on broadband without installing their bloatware. I believe you need a router rather than a DSL modem (so as to be permanently connected rather than having to 'dial-in'). Then you use your own browser and email client of choice. Like I say, I only read this so I can't be sure how it's done, Igorian will probably be able to tell you though (He wise man - he know everything :D )

Regarding other ISPs - from my personal experience:

Wanadoo - Bad
BT Yahoo - Very good, but a max speed of 2mb at present so I changed to
Bulldog - Too early to say for sure but so far so good and the 8mb speed is awesome.

kevplumb said:
he dosent't like the girl in the pic :LOL: :LOL: ;)

sorry simon

'ello marra! Where did you spring up from - not seen you around the forum for a while?

:p

ninebob said:
Literally what it says in the pic - Once it's on..... Seriously, the AOL software itself is my main gripe - it's worse than some viruses in the way in installs itself so deeply into your PC. I'm sure some experts can get rid of it, but in my opinion only a full format and re-install of windows will do.

Having said that, I did read recently that there's a way to access AOL on broadband without installing their bloatware. I believe you need a router rather than a DSL modem (so as to be permanently connected rather than having to 'dial-in'). Then you use your own browser and email client of choice. Like I say, I only read this so I can't be sure how it's done, Igorian will probably be able to tell you though (He wise man - he know everything :D )
Regarding other ISPs - from my personal experience:

Wanadoo - Bad
BT Yahoo - Very good, but a max speed of 2mb at present so I changed to
Bulldog - Too early to say for sure but so far so good and the 8mb speed is awesome.

Tis true. I have set up a couple of routers this way. It should be possible to do it via a modem too, but i've not tried it.

Hi Kev. How's trix?

Sponsored Links
Back