ESTATE AGENTS - What a waste

people looking for houses search right move and you dont need to be a bricks and mortar estate agent to have a right move account

One thing to bear in mind: around 50% of house sales fall through at survey now

basically the survey is used as a bargaining chip / blackmail - and buyers now are happy to throw in a decent offer to secure the house and then get it discounted to what they wanted to spend after the survey

Be very very careful with the BS on surveys -they are worded deliberately to be used as a tool to negotiate money off
Buyer said he won’t be having survey , was impressed by quality of property didn’t see the point , they usually have so many disclaimers you have little come back if they miss something important.

Sponsored Links
Yopa etc are a bit hit and miss. I think sometimes if you need to sell quickly a traditional agent can help. When I sold my last house the first agent (traditional) got 9 viewers through the door in 16 weeks. The next got almost 60 in the same time.

A good estate agent will sell your property to buyers - actively contact people to tell them how great the property is and that it is worth looking at. Of course, many buyers only look to keep the estate agent happy!

The builders next door used Yopa, or PurpleBricks etc - they were in no rush to sell, just wanted to keep costs down and wait for somebody to offer close to asking.

The downside is if Yopa etc fail to sell, you have paid for nothing. At least with traditional agents you can change if they turn out to be useless (like my first choice).

Buyer said he won’t be having survey , was impressed by quality of property didn’t see the point , they usually have so many disclaimers you have little come back if they miss something important.
Cash buyer then .
The last two houses i bought i never bothered with survey or searches as i said why pay someone hundreds to tell you something needs doing that you can work out for yourself

Sponsored Links
Yopa etc are a bit hit and miss. I think sometimes if you need to sell quickly a traditional agent can help. When I sold my last house the first agent (traditional) got 9 viewers through the door in 16 weeks. The next got almost 60 in the same time.

A good estate agent will sell your property to buyers - actively contact people to tell them how great the property is and that it is worth looking at. Of course, many buyers only look to keep the estate agent happy!

The builders next door used Yopa, or PurpleBricks etc - they were in no rush to sell, just wanted to keep costs down and wait for somebody to offer close to asking.

The downside is if Yopa etc fail to sell, you have paid for nothing. At least with traditional agents you can change if they turn out to be useless (like my first choice).
Yopa do offer a no sale no fee option as well as various fixed fees .

Back