EU and astra zeneca, still going on

I see “ignored member “ appears to be making friends again.?

Sponsored Links
EU countries have to seek authorisation to stop vaccines from being exported
You're re-inventing the EU control mechanism.
The sources said AstraZeneca had reportedly requested authorization from the Italian government to export some 250,000 doses from its Anagni plant, close to Rome.
Italy reportedly refused the request, and the European Commission backed its decision
https://www.dw.com/en/eu-blocks-export-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccines-to-australia/a-56774362

Not if he said I'll make my best efforts to complete 80% on xx date providing it doesn't cost him anything (puts a negative on his balance sheet) and he had trouble getting the materials to complete the job or his previous job over run with unforseen circumstances or any other number of excuses that could be ascertained (death in the family, etc) so then couldn't complete by that xx date or could only could mplete 40% by then etc
Like motorbiking you want to go over the same old argument that was conducted recently.
The mechanism is designed to ensure drug manufacturers fulfil their contractual obligations to the bloc before commercial exports can be approved.
https://www.dw.com/en/eu-blocks-export-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccines-to-australia/a-56774362
If the EU are acting illegally in preventing AZ from exporting vaccines, I'm sure they'll seek legal redress.

But if you accept the booking, then fail to deliver what you were contracted to deliver, that's devious, and potentially unlawful.
If there was an intent to defraud the client of the Goods which they had paid for, maybe that could be considered unlawful.
If there are delays because of circumstances beyond their control, then that would be a civil affair for contract lawyers to sort out.

The sources said AstraZeneca had reportedly requested authorization from the Italian government to export some 250,000 doses from its Anagni plant, close to Rome.
Italy reportedly refused the request, and the European Commission backed its decision

Like motorbiking you want to go over the same old argument that was conducted recently.
The mechanism is designed to ensure drug manufacturers fulfil their contractual obligations to the bloc before commercial exports can be approved.
If the EU are acting illegally in preventing AZ from exporting vaccines, I'm sure they'll seek legal redress.

I didn't say they couldn't and I never said it was illegal.. That's not my argument.

The point is it is an EU policy, regardless of what EU country implements the measure.

Sponsored Links
I didn't say they couldn't and I never said it was illegal.. That's not my argument.

The point is it is an EU policy, regardless of what EU country implements the measure.
Oh dear, you resorted to Dangee's trick of altering your original comment.
You said:
upload_2021-3-12_17-44-32.png

I proved you wrong and that member states can act unilaterally.
Now you've deleted that comment, and that sentence is completely missing.
I don't think there's much point in discussing the issue with someone who is so obviously disingenuous.

If there was an intent to defraud the client of the Goods which they had paid for, maybe that could be considered unlawful.
If there are delays because of circumstances beyond their control, then that would be a civil affair for contract lawyers to sort out.
If the supplier claimed not to be able to fulfil the contract due to shortages, etc, but was exporting the product, then suspicions would be aroused.
If the supplier claimed that clauses in the contract excused them for delays due to unforeseen circumstances, and were exporting the product, thereby not meeting its contractual obligations, then suspicions would be aroused.

Oh dear, you resorted to Dangee's trick of altering your original comment.
You said:
View attachment 226281
I proved you wrong and that member states can act unilaterally.
Now you've deleted that comment, and that sentence is completely missing.
I don't think there's much point in discussing the issue with someone who is so obviously disingenuous.

You didn't prove anything. Just talked non sensical rubbish.

I did delete that from my post as I realised I didn't mean to post that, but I deleted it before I realised you quoted the post. I am working so was engaged in something else with my web browser minimised on the edit post screen.

I did delete that from my post as I realised I didn't mean to post that, but I deleted it before I realised you quoted the post. I am working so was engaged in something else with my web browser minimised on the edit post screen.
And coincidentally you changed your argument to the opposite opinion.
Yeah.
You'll be adopting Bodd's trick as well next, claiming it was a joke.

With the permission of the EU and under export control legislation brought in by the EU.
You're behind the curve, as usual.

And equally:
Such authorisation shall be granted by the competent authorities of the Member State where the vaccines are manufactured and shall be issued in writing or by electronic means.
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_21_308

Suspicious how some countries in the EU, have derided the Astra Zenica vaccine, when they couldn't supply enough of it, to there populations any way.

Meanwhile the UK goes from strength to strength.

You're behind the curve as usual.

Nope, just pointing out the truth as usual. Accept it, you're wrong. Yes, countries can act unilaterally on many matters, for example, Hungary, having seen what a complete and utter **** up the EU have made of the vaccine procurement, have told the EU to **** off and they will make their own arrangements, amusingly, in doing so, they are now one of Europes leaders in the the race to vaccinate their population.

Export controls on multinationals?, that needed EU legislation.

You should take the time to read your own links.

It’s a fact that the EU have made a pigs arris of this vaccination caper

the Czechs have gone to the Russians for help and got that Sputnik vaccine

most if not all of the blame can be attributed to that buffoon macron

Nope, just pointing out the truth as usual. Accept it, you're wrong.
Export controls on multinationals?, that needed EU legislation.

You should take the time to read your own links.
You mean this one:

Such authorisation shall be granted by the competent authorities of the Member State where the vaccines are manufactured and shall be issued in writing or by electronic means.
You should read it and find anything that disagrees with what I've stated.

Providing the legal framework for member states to act unilaterally is not the same as requiring permission to act.
With the permission of the EU and under export control legislation brought in by the EU.

You mean this one:

You should read it and find anything that disagrees with what I've stated.

Providing the legal framework for member states to act unilaterally is not the same as requiring permission to act.

Upon receiving the request, Member States immediately must immediately notify the Commission of any application and, after analysis, submit their draft decision to the Commission. If the Commission would disagree with this draft decision, it shall issue an opinion and the Member State shall decide on the request for authorisation in accordance with the Commission's opinion.

Sponsored Links