EU tells Macron to wind his neck in

Sponsored Links
Voices in his head.

is Brexit Britain suffering supply chain chaos?

is Northern Ireland not suffering supply chain chaos?

are Northern Ireland businesses ditching UK suppliers and aligning their supply chains inside the Single Market.

Exports from the Irish Republic to Northern Ireland rose by 40% to almost €1.6bn over the same period, reflecting increased cross-border trade since Brexit as the region effectively remained in the EU’s single market for goods

40% eh (y)

Sponsored Links
Because the protocol is protecting Northern Ireland from Brexit supply chain chaos.
The Protocol has never been fully implemented as far as i know.
Lord Frost has now suspended it indefinitely.
If the Protocol had been implemented in the manner demanded by the EU, it would have caused chaos as most of N.I.'s imports come from GB.
Don't be fooled by these fantasy trade statistics coming out of Dublin.

Brexit’s impact on trade is laid bare in new Central Statistics Office (CSO) data, which shows a surge in imports to Ireland of goods from Europe and a sharp fall in goods bought from Britain

Brexit sees Irish buyers switch from UK to EU suppliers

If the Protocol had been implemented in the manner demanded by the EU

utter bolox

the protocol was negotiated and agreed by Johnson and voted for by Brexit voters.

so stop blaming the EU and take responsibility for your actions.

Exports from the Irish Republic to Northern Ireland rose by 40% to almost €1.6bn over the same period, reflecting increased cross-border trade since Brexit as the region effectively remained in the EU’s single market for goods

40% eh (y)
That is complete ******, those figures don't tally with British statistics.
Every lorry and car that travels between N.I. and the RoI is recorded at the border.
There has been no discernable rise in the amount of traffic between North and South.
If there was anywhere near a 40% rise in crossborder trade, it would require 1000's of extra road journeys and they would be recorded automatically at the border.
The Irish government also claimed that trade with France was going through the roof, the French said it wasn't.

The Protocol has never been fully implemented as far as i know

UK have unilaterally extended the grace period.

the EU aren’t bothered, NI is busy aligning itself to the Single Market making the protocol less relevant as every day passes

I see Dublin have caved to Biden on corporation tax. Looks like the leprechaun economics era is over.
According to Notchy trade between North and South is Dublin and Dublin every day thanks to the EU. LoL.

True, but that isn't the point is it.
Do you believe the Protocol should be implemented as demanded by the EU.

Do you believe governments should honour agreements that they sign?

do you believe the UK is sovereign and should be allowed to protect its borders?

the EU is sovereign, it should also be allowed to protect its external borders.

please provide a reason why you think the EU shouldn’t protect its Single Market

Sponsored Links
Back