EU what EU ? It'll vanish like a puff if smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
A 'wise man' once said, "stop posting 'contentious topics'..."

Because apparently they sometimes end up going up in a puff of smoke/be censored.

But then I guess that all depends upon the political leanings of the poster/censors :whistle:

... Governor of the Bank of England has said…

I am naturally reluctant to take the word of a publication which is part of the traitorous fifth column at the heart of the Quitters' Movement.

I wonder why there isn't a link to the speech or interview in which he said something?

It would be interesting to see his actual words and the context.

Still, it's great than even a diehard like gasbag accepts what the Governor of the Bank of England says.

Gasbag agrees that

"Mark Carney has warned that Britain would face “big economic consequences” and could need emergency interest rate cuts if the country crashes out the European Union without a deal.

Issuing the latest warning for
Theresa May amid mounting division over her Brexit plans as Britain’s withdrawal ticks ever closer, the governor of the Bank of England said failure to reach any deal with Brussels would leave the country worse off."
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-would-have-big-economic-consequences-carney
and

"British households are more than £900 worse off after the vote to leave the EU, according to the governor of the Bank of England, in comments that risk a renewed confrontation with senior Brexit supporters in the government.

Comparing the current state of household finances with forecasts made by the Bank before the referendum, prepared on the basis of a remain vote,
Mark Carney told MPs that household incomes were now significantly lower than expected.

“Real household incomes are about £900 per household lower than we forecast in May of 2016, which is a lot of money,”"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/22/brexit-vote-cost-uk-mark-carney-bank-of-england

and

"LONDON — Bank of England Governor Mark Carney on Tuesday again voiced concerns around a “no-deal” Brexit scenario.

On Tuesday, the governor took questions on the BoE’s latest financial stability report from the parliament’s treasury select committee and said British people would be “less well off” if the U.K. crashes out of the EU.

According to a Reuters
report, Carney went on to say, “it would be a material event for interest rates if Britain leaves the European Union next year without a deal to smooth its departure. Our job is to make sure we are as prepared as possible.”

Carney also said he “could not predict which direction rates would move in the event of a no-deal Brexit, [and] it was too soon to judge the government’s proposals for Brexit published earlier this month,” according to the report."

https://www.politico.eu/article/mark-carney-sounds-fresh-brexit-warnings/

Super to see that even gasbag is now willing to believe the voice of reason.

Sponsored Links
EU what EU ? It'll vanish like a puff if smoke

And the remoaners along with it.

"WELL, the Governor of the Bank of England has said it and about time too. Mark Carney has made plain to a committee of MPs that the damage to the other 27 nations of the EU if our Brexit negotiations finally crash in ruins will be infinitely worse than the damage to Britain."

Quoted
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/frederick-forsyth/994992/brexit-no-deal-mark-carney-eu-members-worse-off-than-britain

And why does he think that ? Simple The trade deficit.

Wow an author known for fiction writes an opinion piece with zero quotes from Carney.

Your dumb but you don't have to rub it in our faces with each of your posts.

Wow an author known for fiction writes an opinion piece with zero quotes from Carney.

Your dumb but you don't have to rub it in our faces with each of your posts.

Pure rot kanker, and your quite wrong I have to rub brexit in your faces at every opportunity ....I love it when ya'll bite silly dweeb remainiacs ....ya'll always bite !

Tis all a bit of a dogs breakfast imo . How something as simplistic as leaving some jumped up trade club has become so complex is un-believable :eek:

way I see it this 2nd referendum caper may well have to happen.

This entire Brexit caper is getting on my t*ts tbh :)

International agreements between multiple countries? Did you believe the people who said it was simple, quick and easy?

Even the final settlement treaty with Germany after WW2 ran to quite a number of pages. How long did that take? It was signed in 1990, by Douglas Hurd.

way I see it this 2nd referendum caper may well have to happen.

A widely-held view.

skynews-sky-data-brexit_4374981.jpg

And that's a bigger margin than 52:48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back