eurobird

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

can anyone help , what size dish ,or equipment for frees sat, i would need to hook on to eurobird,from uk south east.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need a Freesat receiver connected to an LNB on a dish aligned on the Astra-2 "28°E" satellite cluster, of which Eurobird-1 is a member.

Eurobird carries only a few of the programme channels plus the EPG signal. Most of the programmes are transmitted by the Astra satellites.

Note that 28.2°E is the angle subtended by the satellites from the meridian and not a compass bearing.

Sponsored Links
thanks
i can only live stream christian channels via broadband,in which i am limited down load ,thanks to not so generous b.t. .
The christian channels are on free to air sat eurobird 1 .

I wold suggest you at least 60cm but if you don't mind 80cm use that as it would be easyer to find a signal if you are not experienced sat installar
I disagree. A larger dish has a smaller "angle of focus" so the margin of error is correspondingly smaller. That means that alignment is more critical - more difficult - than with a smaller dish.

Nevertheless, if you want to improve your "rain margin", a larger dish would be better. It's a matter of compromise: performance against aesthetics and cost and ease of installation, as well as consideration of factors such as wind resistance and whether your wife would go crazy when she saw a monster wok screwed to her wall!

Mesh dishes are generally for C-Band reception so I assume you mean "perforated" dish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back