FTA and FTV receivers some advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has claimed my old FTA and I want to replace. Biggest problem is I know the program guides vary a lot but adverts don't seem to give any information about program guides.

My old £40 Lidi unit was very bad as to program guide with only now and next and very hard to read. And to change the order of programs was harder than with my son-in-laws unit from Turkey. His unit also had better program guide up to a week with some programs but one a day with others.

I know if I get a FTV box the program guide is better and one can also get more programs but also have Sky+ so don't want to pay too much for second box.

Considered HD as TV is HD ready but more of a plus if box has UHF modulator so I can pipe around the house.

I look at adverts like This and they say "Fully supported electronic program guide (EPG)". Is that what I need to get days viewing? At around £40 I would go for FTA and that's good enough. But as the price increases then maybe better to also get HD and FTV.

Anyone know where I can find out which boxes have good program guides. Don't want old Sky box as wadding through all the programs one can't get is pain in the neck. And if I ever up-grade dish receiving from Eurobird I am told is real pain with old sky box.

So all ears what boxes do what?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back