Eurocal 90 Oilfired Combi Boiler - Fast Pressure Loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the CH is on, the pressure drops from 1.5 bar to 0 in around an hour, and when not on much more gradually.

Accompanying this a creaking/groaning noise which is loudest when I listen to my screwdriver "stethescope" on the CH flow inside the casing after it leaves the diverter valve. This noise goes immediately there is DHW demand, to return after the demand.

When the boiler fires up there is water vapour in the flue.

Most of the CH pipework is in the first floor void, so I have been able to inspect the majority of it, and apart from that, surely signs of a leak would have shown up after two months! Yes, my wife is not a happy bunny! There is no pipework under the ground floor.

I have tried Fernox leak seal, which works for as long as the boiler is off, but gradually fails when the boiler is in use.

Amongst other parts, I have replaced the hi-limit stat after the reset button failed to do anything. This means, of course, that the boiler has overheated. It is only seven years old, - is it dying?

Sponsored Links
Have you correctly checked the expansion vessel?

If you haven't, there are plenty of instructions on the net, as well as on this site.

Thank you Oilman for replying. I have checked exp vessel pressure (with system unpressurised) and it was 0.65, so I've upped it to 0.75 system spec.

I really would be gratefull for any help on this. The oil side of the system is working very well, so you gas fired combi experts needn't be backward in coming forward!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. If that was the problem, do you see it being economically repairable/replaceable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back