Evacuation programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wish that the namby pamby misguided health and safety police and those who wrecked our childrens' sports days, are watching the two week programme on the bbc about evacuation conditions during ww2.

Obviously not all children ended up in a place as idyllic as the setting for the TV prog but what fun the children appear to have had whilst filming.

They have dug out an Anderson shelter, helped to plough a field, plucked chickens, skinned rabbits, and had a whale of a time at an improvised sports day; with sack races, egg and spoon races and a tug of war. Horror of horrors and in spite of several of them falling over, no-one died.

All the food they ate was "of the period" with not a bit of fast food in sight and only the occasional bit of choccy.

All in all they experienced real childhood away from TV, computers and electronic games and it has given them a real experience to remember.

Sponsored Links
were`nt much different 10 years after the War, out here in the sticks ;)

AAah yes the good old days ,rickets ,scarlet fever,TB,polio_Outside toilet always the last in the sodding tin bath,hand me down clothes (god how I hated having a older sister).A orange for chirstmas Having my pet rabbit for tea one nght,wish dad had told me after I eat it rather than half way through my tea ,put me of a bit...............Yes happy days :LOL: :cry:

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Just show your age and tell me where this is from

Sponsored Links
swelec said:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

? the new tory party doctrine for child labour ?

Tell that to the young people today, and will they believe you?

I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

swelec said:

Bloody luxury. Rolled up newspaper in't middle o' road etc etc etc. Monty Python ?

Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

Sponsored Links
Back