Evohome Wiring Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just invested in an evohome to try and gradually piece together our heath robinson CH system that has been added to over the years.

We have a main system (I'll call it the legacy system) with 7 rads upstairs and a thermaskirt system down. This was running off a wireless Honeywell controller to a BDR91 - so I have simply swapped the front of the BDR 91 and plugged the evohome main station in and was working within 5 minutes.... that's the easy bit!

I also have 2 single zone UFH kits- one in the kitchen (forget that one for now)...

And one in the utility room, which serves both the utility and study. I have the pump and actuator under the countertop, with a small wiring centre which has 4 cables. 1 goes to the pump, 1 to the actuator, 1 is a 3 core and earth - think this goes back to the main wiring centre upstairs where there is a zone valve. The programmer/stat is in the study, on the end of a 4 core flex, but only using the black and brown wires. The other end of what I thought was the cable to the programmer has 3 wires terminated- including the blue, so I've concluded the end of the programmer must be elsewhere.

I've bought a T87RF2033 Single Zone Thermostat to replace this and to hook in to evohome as a new zone. Looking at the wiring, I cant work out where I should be putting the new BDR91. I presumed I could put it near the UFH actuator / pump, but the wiring has thrown me. Any tips for working out what is what?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back