A few questions for people that know Evohome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking into smart heating and have a few Evohome questions for people in the know. I haven't decided yet whether to go for it.

My system has 3 heating zones and an unvented cylinder, each zone has a V4043 zone valve, with a Glow Worm system boiler.

I don't want to use smart radiator valves, and wish to use Evohome to control the 4 zones using the Evotouch as the sensor in heating zone 1, and Honeywell single zone thermostats for sensing heating zone 2 and 3. The existing cylinder stat I'd like to keep. I'm thinking I'll need 4x BDR91 in total.

So, the questions:

1: Can Evohome be used in this way?

2: Can I set it up without the app (in case Honeywell ditch it after 5 years)?

3: Will all the zones' TPI 'on' events be synchronised? Part of the problem with my current system is that the 3 zones switch without regard to each other, which is a little scappy.

Thanks All.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell have answered Q3 and the answer is no, or rather "The evohome system will work exactly the same like 3 individual thermostats. The TPI is calculated for each zone individually."

Might be still useful, can anyone answer the other 2 questions please?

Thanks

I know we're a year on from your original post, but I'll try to answer it anyway...and if you've already bought Evohome then you'll be very aware of the irritating nature of the TPI.

1. Yes, but you may have to fool the system into treating your hot water as another heating zone, or buy their hot water kit (which is one of their better offerings, as it shows the hot water temperature on the App, allowing you to make an informed remote choice as to whether you 'boost' the HW or not).

2. Yes, and it'll work just like any other programmable multi-zone system (which is what it does when t'interweb connection fails)

IMO the TPI is a pain in the 'arris. It will regularly open and close the zone valves, and I haven't found a way to shut it off yet. You may find that Opentherm control of your boiler improves this problem...Honeywell certainly don't seem to see it as such.

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back