1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

A few questions for people that know Evohome

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by mogget, 4 Dec 2019 at 12:16 PM.

1. mogget

mogget

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm looking into smart heating and have a few Evohome questions for people in the know. I haven't decided yet whether to go for it.

My system has 3 heating zones and an unvented cylinder, each zone has a V4043 zone valve, with a Glow Worm system boiler.

I don't want to use smart radiator valves, and wish to use Evohome to control the 4 zones using the Evotouch as the sensor in heating zone 1, and Honeywell single zone thermostats for sensing heating zone 2 and 3. The existing cylinder stat I'd like to keep. I'm thinking I'll need 4x BDR91 in total.

So, the questions:

1: Can Evohome be used in this way?

2: Can I set it up without the app (in case Honeywell ditch it after 5 years)?

3: Will all the zones' TPI 'on' events be synchronised? Part of the problem with my current system is that the 3 zones switch without regard to each other, which is a little scappy.

Thanks All.

2. mogget

mogget

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Honeywell have answered Q3 and the answer is no, or rather "The evohome system will work exactly the same like 3 individual thermostats. The TPI is calculated for each zone individually."

Might be still useful, can anyone answer the other 2 questions please?

Thanks