Evolution Rage 3 Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got one or got any reviews on them?

Im about to invest in a decentish (hopefully) mitre saw as Ive got sick of cutting loads of timber and am going to need one for some extensive skirting boards and architraves that Ive got to do shortly.

My budget is £150~ and unfortunately Im not in the market for a De Walt or similiar.

A mate of mine who is a sparky raves about his 'new rage 3' that cuts metal and wood with excellent accuracy and finish!

now, Im not a cabinet craftsman so dont need a cabinet makers cut but I do need good accuracy and dont want to buy a duffer :LOL:

I saw the erbauer on poofix but Ive read bad things about them breaking after 2 years and 2 weeks (2 year warranty) and no spares.

While I dont expect a £150 tool to last for years and years with hardish use I do want a bit more life than that.

Anyone got any opinions on the rage?
or is it as good as it seems :?:

cheers

Sponsored Links
They're ok, but nothing to rave about. They run at the right speed for cutting metal. The blades are nothing special, just expensive. You just need a triple cut blade for metal cutting. For wood you would be better with a wood saw, but having said that, I'd buy a rage saw so I can cut metal as well as wood.

I got one of those Erbauer sliding mitre saws from boltfix and would confirm that it’s no good for skirting etc – it just doesn’t cut straight 45 degree angles. Saying that though, my one was very reliable and worked great for straight cuts for laminate flooring, etc.

However, because I wanted to do skirting, etc I opted to upgrade. I’d suggest having a look on eBay for saws. I picked up a clean, slightly used Dewalt DW707 for less than your budget and I couldn’t be more pleased with it! Get the right blade on it and mitred joints are easy and accurate.

I know not everyone likes buying off of eBay or buying used tools. As long as you read the description carefully and check your seller’s feedback then you should be fine. I’m positive that my Dewalt saw, even though it’s used, will well out-live the Erbauer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

Some good info here.
It seems the Rage may not be the one to go for if Im seeking accurate Mitre joints :(

Also, ive got a 9" grinder if I need to cut metal so Im not so bothered about losing that aspect.
I just thought it was a good price for a well specced saw with good depth and distance cuts :idea:

BUT, if its not accurate for what I need it for its no use!

I will try ebay, thanks kingandy2nd

Any other recommendations from anyone as I need one kind of sharpish (a mitre saw that is)!!

Has anyone used the Machine mart range? This one looks very similiar to another 'no brand' one but I cant recall which!

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/sl10d-10in-sliding-compound-mitre-saw

but I was thinking this looked a good bet?

ive always been happy with Clarke products
but Im not sure on this

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/sliding-mitre

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back