Excavation and foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, bit of a querie here. Also first post so go easy on me! :)

I'm just excavating to block pave my drive. However it seems the foundation project a lot further forward than the outside brickwork. Can I cut this and dig it away in line with the brick ready for hardcore etc??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
How old is the house as that could be the old paving around the house that was done when the house was built.

Andy

It looks like the same path that was around mine before I had laid block paving, it was very thick about 10" (250mm)

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thank you.
Was the path in line with the dpm on your property? It seems like the concrete is in line with the dpm at that level,it is also lower than the garage floor level which is the oddest thing..

I had thought that a possibility, raft foundation, only thing that leaves me to think otherwise is that the slab doesn't project to the side walls of the property, nor to the neighbours, which is attached..

It's possible I guess, if any of these foundations are the reason for the concrete is there any reason that it would project so far forward? Is there any reason I can't cut it back to the building line?

The slab may be supported on piles beyond the building line . Mine projects a few inches. I wouldn't risk cutting it back

Sponsored Links
Back