Expanding foam and a floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One room in my house is, was add on to the house, it is on sender blocks and I what to get more sport for the room. I a was wondering if I can use expanding foam to make a true floor for the room, like concert, and if not then how?

Sponsored Links
i do like the idea of using expanding foam - i'm just not sure that it would give the required amount of support. the foam tends not to recover well when pressed in too firmly.

i would go for some form of rubber or anti vibration strip sat between the joists and the floor boarding. i know this kind of thing is used to reduce the sound transfer on wood floors.

i'm not sure where you would get it from - i would tend to go to my local builders merchants shop.

tell us the spacing of the joists under the floorboards, and the dimensions of the joists, the floorboards, and the room.

Sponsored Links
you'll get us in trouble Deluks. hope the capital of culture is doing ok - not been in 08 yet.

i worked with Americans for a while and i think that helps a little - not to upset them or Raynamdu but they are all very much more direct than the UK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back