Quick insulation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Following some advice on here (and the nagging of SWMBO) I got cracking with insulating under our ground floor suspended floorboards..

In my humble opinion all has gone well so far, Kingspan TF70 isn't too bad to work with awkward yes getting it thru the underfloor access (I'm doing it the lie on back and shove it option rather than lifting the floor) but relatively easy to measure/cut and wedge in.

My quick question is about the small gaps where floor/joists meet wall, I could spend ages trimming to fit the kingspan but it was suggested I could use expanding foam. I just want to make doubly sure thats fine and if so would:
This be ok?
or should I look at this one instead:
Fire resist version
Be better? Obviously will be obtaining the gun to use with it, as my thinking would be it should be more 'controllable' that way.

But I'm sure I'll be proven wrong!

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam will go a long way (in volume terms ! ) so if the gaps you have to fill are really small, why are you concerned about a one pound price-difference to buy the safer one ?

Sorry should have been clearer (thats what I get for posting at 3am!!)

More a case of is using the foam fine and if so would you use just the plain stuff or the fire rated stuff?..

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, use the foam and as foam tends to go a long way you may as well use the fire resist. one as mw has already intimated. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back