Insulating & boarding out existing concrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am gearing up to insulate my ground floor flat concrete slab. The bedrooms currently have vinyl tile stuck to the floor and the hall / lounge has teak fingers stuck (and i use that term loosely) with bitumen. there appears to be a slight height difference of ~ 1mm between the height of the floor under the teak and the bedrooms.

Leaving aside checking the humidity of the slab, which I looking to address I have a couple of questions :

1) I am planning on using Kingspan TF70. Once I've removed the existing flooring, do I need to prep the floor surface with say a latex screed before laying ?

2) I have a total height of ~ 50mm to play with in order to match the height of my bathroom floor. Assuming 18mm for a new engineered wood floor covering that leave me 32mm for insulation & sub floor. Is 12mm t&g flooring ply (SP101) thick enough for my subfloor or do I need to go to 18mm? If 12 will work, I'd prefer that since it means I can install 20mm insulation. given all the other work I am doing insulating my property, my LBCO is happy with whatever I put down re insulation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back