Flooring for concrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

First up I am a basic DIY guy looking for some expert advice.

I have an existing concrete slab in my garden which I know has been installed correctly with dpm etc and on top of the slab I am planning building a man cave for a games room. The cave will be timber framed with timber cladding that slightly overhangs the existing slab and my thought was to install timber battens on top of the slab with kingspan/celotex insulation between the battens also directly on the slab. On top of the battens I was then thinking 22mm chipboard.

My question is does my flooring idea of timber battens and insulation installed directly on the concrete slab recommended?

Many thanks to anyone who posts a reply.

Sponsored Links
yes that should be fine

you might need to get some wedge packers when you fit the timber battens / floor joist. Its also possible to pump in some silicone which will stop any bounce where the concrete undulates

Think I did read somewhere that the cold and warm temperature difference between the concrete slab and the insulation/timber battens could possibly cause a issue?

Again many thanks to any reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back