Expansion vessel pressure reading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ultimate Glow worm 100FF and a Megaflo. My problem is that when the system is cold the expansion vessel above the Megaflo reads at 0, when the system is heating up it goes up to 2 bar pressure and then reduces down. to 1.5 after a while. When the heating and hot water go off the pressure goes back down to zero. I have had two British gas engineers out now and they changed the pressure valve, which made no difference at all. Are these readings OK, for this system or is there a problem with the expansion vessel. Looking forward to getting some answers at last

Thanks

Linda

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the pressure gauge, or are you taking a pressure reading from the schraeder valve. As you claim to have a megaflow I assume the vessel is a CH system one. Have any of the engineers checked/repressurised the vessel

Hi

It is the pressure gauge underneath that is showing the readings, This is what they replaced last week. The vessel happens to sit above the megaflo and we have no other tank in the loft yes to the CH query :) The engineers said they had pumped up the system. They then said to keep and eye on it over the weekend. Think they wanted to be out of here on Friday night. I really want to be able to ask them the right questions to make sure it all works as it should.

what is meant by "pumped up the system". did they repressurise the vessel (with air) or repressurise the system (with water).
Sounds like neither to me.

Sponsored Links
take a pressure reading on the expansion vessel by using a pencil type pressure gauge ( same as car ) and let us know what it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back