expansion vessel

rmt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
my expansion vessel has gone on a Worcester 280 rsf, has anyone changed one? have I got to take the boiler off the wall to get at it?
ATB
MT

Sponsored Links
Hi
thanks for the reply, how do I get at the connection on the rear of vessel?
seems impossible to get at it from the front.

is it the one that has the metal clamp u pull down.to the side of ex vess i think there is i clamp you remove screw and push clamp up to release ex vess .it only seals on a o ring.unless i am thinking of a diff model

Sponsored Links
Hi
The vessel has a mounting bracket which is bolted to the chassis, if the fitting at the rear of vessel is a push fit with sealing "o" ring does it just pull out?
MT

Actually just did one the other day.

You need to remove the self tapping screw which is in a plate at the rear of the vessel to the bottom left.
Then you need to push the plate up untill it stops. NOT down.
Then just pull the vessel forwards having removed the securing screw from the front bottom of the combustion chamber on the top right of the expansion vessel.
The new one comes with loads of new O Rings but you only need the one for the vessel if you are careful.
Make sure you put a smear of silicone grease on the O ring and the back panel before you fit the new one.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back