Explosive ignition on Ideal Response 100

Sponsored Links
Incorrect gas burner pressures. Ignition not lighting burner first time.

Both corgi jobs if you can find an engineer who will touch these :eek:

Best to call Ideal in. They made them, let them fix them :mad:

As stated a CORGI job!

Another cause is as a result of water leaking into the combustion chamber. If thats the cause then its new boiler time.

A good independent is likely to be cheaper than Ideal. Their engineers dont like them either!

Ideal would call it "noisy ignition" as they dont like "explosive" linked with their products!

Tony

i do work for a corgi registered company but the lads are drawing a blank at this one. We've already had Transco out to change the governor. So i'll pass on your suggestions.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I touch these with great confidence. It really is not difficult. Isolate from gas. Isolate from electricity. Isolate from mains water. Drain system. Take of wall and replace with proper boiler.
I do not see Dave`s problem with this.

All jokes aside, I have seen this problem 2 or 3 times before on this model and in every case it was water leaking in the fan. Check is quite simple. Remove the injector and take the fan out by pushing in the clip and twisting it. if there is so much as a drop of water in it or you can see traces of limescale or such you have a problem.
Sorry to say but I am with Tony on this one, you are probably looking at a new boiler. Even Ideal is not willing to say if and when they can repair this model. If they can. You are looking at £400 to £500. Waste of money, get rid of this peace of junk and get a good one that will serve you for many years without worries.
And yes, definitely a corgi job.

This is a common problem and there doesn't seem to be a reliable fix, other than the skip method.

We have noticed that the incidence seems to be encouraged by a longer flue length, it seems that these boilers like to 'unofficially' condense causing damp ignition systems.

Anyone offering to repair this problem with a warranty is either a fool or cleverer than the manufacturer.

I bet you wish you had never asked :LOL:

Bust heat exchanger is quite commom but other faults can cause it too.

You will struggle to find anyone who will want to attempt a repair on this boiler.

Worth checking the ignition electrodes. SOmetimes a different gas valve( ie from a binned boiler, hardly worth the ££ fo a new one for a test) is better. A slightly restrictive gas supply pipe makes it worse.

I have encountered an intermittent ignition transformer on one of these.

As long as they are not leaking they are quite reasonable boilers to repair.

Tony

Have had a high proportion of dicky ign transformers.
Lots of trouble with sludged up heat exchangers too, leading to intermittent overheating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back