Exposed chromed basin waste into solid wall - HOW?

• Thread starter KillingTime
  • Start date
K

KillingTime

Hi,

I bought a new basin for my bathroom that does not come with a pedestal. I did not want the pedestal so I could set the basin at a higher height to save me bending over every time I use it (I'm tall).

I ordered a chromed waste trap seeing as it will be exposed. I've just looked at the wall the basin is being attached to and it's plasterboard attached to the block wall (cavity) via plaster board adhesive. (dot & dab). This gives me a space between plasterbpard and block wall of about 10mm. Not enough to add a compression fitting for the waste pipe.

The chromed waste pipe that comes with the trap (eurobath) gives me enough length to get about 3 inches past the plasterboard. This will take me into the blockwork behind, ie, not long enough to make it all the way through the cavity wall.

I now see that an exposed chromed waste is only really an option if the wall it's going into is hollow so you can gain access to fit a compression fitting or similar.

What do other people do in this situation?

I could make a larger hole in the wall to add a low profile push fit coupler, and plaster over this when it's in place, but this sounds like a botch if ever there was one. Gaining access if it starts to leak will be nigh on impossible.

I don;t like the idea of removing an entire block from the wall behind becuase the wall needs to be sturdy to take the weight of the basin (without pedestal).

Is there such a thing as chromed plastic pipe (35mm)? I could buy this and run it all the way through the wall.

I took another look at the brochure (ideal standard). They don't make my basin with a semi-pedestal, or I would order that part and use standard plastic fittings.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Deleted... Didn't realise its an old thread.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back