Exposed shower/bar fixing kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
Currently got an exposed triton Verne shower, which I want to replace with a bar mixer. Currently there’s 25mm of pipe protruding through the wall, and I was planning on using an olive puller to get the nut and olive off, then fit one of those fast fix/bar shower mount kits that go over the pipes and screw to the wall, and end up hidden.
Anyone got any recommendations of a kit I can use that’s ok with only 25mm of pipe exposed? Or any other ideas? Pic attached of existing pipes. I know I could use another concentric style mixer that takes 15mm compression connections but they seem unreliable in my case and the replacement cartridges are expensive unlike some of the bar mixers. Thanks

Attachments

• 5526408A-BEB5-4CE4-A09B-80298A58E03A.jpeg
    5526408A-BEB5-4CE4-A09B-80298A58E03A.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 342
Sponsored Links
Deffo exactly 25mm already taken shower off and measured it. No wiggle room, pipes are plastered in. How do you know that one needs 30mm, can’t see it on the spec? Wonder if I’ll get away with it...as long as olive can bite...

Sponsored Links
Deffo exactly 25mm already taken shower off and measured it. No wiggle room, pipes are plastered in. How do you know that one needs 30mm, can’t see it on the spec? Wonder if I’ll get away with it...as long as olive can bite...

You may do, but could also give at any point. :eek: Might be best to speak to manufacturers, se if they know of one which will fit?:cool:

Trying to work out how it would “give” though, pipe isn’t going anywhere as it’s set in the wall. The fittings also screwed to the wall. I’m not doubting that it may fail like you say, but can’t quite work out how. But yeah, I’ll try and find a thinner version. Thanks (y)

Trying to work out how it would “give” though, pipe isn’t going anywhere as it’s set in the wall. The fittings also screwed to the wall. I’m not doubting that it may fail like you say, but can’t quite work out how. But yeah, I’ll try and find a thinner version. Thanks (y)

If there’s not enough on the olive to bite is where it might give. The fixing kit is secured to the wall yes, but then the other part is reliant on the olive + weight of shower.

PS, anyone ever used an olive puller, and reckon it’d be ok as per my pic on my original post? Thanks.

PS, anyone ever used an olive puller, and reckon it’d be ok as per my pic on my original post? Thanks.
Never used an olive puller but one thing to be aware of with a fixing kit of this type is there needs to be somewhere to take the fixing screws behind the tiles and it easy to spike the pipes if you dont know where they run?..

Excellent, thanks. Pretty sure I went straight up with the pipes but I’ll go careful with the drilling as it was 10 years ago!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back