Ext flood on sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 150w halogen flood over garage entrance, bulb blew so changed it but now not working, fuse ok, live in and out of sensor , live at one side of lamp holder, but still not working [changed lamp a few times as have dozens of spares but still nothing] no corrosion on lamp pins, neural shared at sensor so should be ok. What's the solution, apart from replacement?

Sponsored Links
Stupid question but did you touch the glass with your fingers? this tends to make the tube go rather quicker than normal. Also double check that the tube is in place properly,are the contacts clean?

I can think of two reasons why the lamps aren't working. Firstly, the lamps aren't seating properly on the lugs. It's easy to get it wrong - even when it looks and feels like they're in properly they may not be. Secondly, you are using a neon tester which is picking up voltage less than 230v and you have a dodgy output or input on the sensor which you're not detecting.

Other than that, ALL your lamps are faulty.

Thanks, I am familiar with seating problems of this type of lamp [change hundreds of these every year] and the contacts are fine , I bypassed the sensor connecting live input and output together but still nothing, the lamps tested fine, guess I will need to change unit as they are cheap, just annoying,same thing happened with the last three units I bought.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back