Extend pipe & change radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Putting in a new radiator and need to move the pipe work a bit and install a new valve. How do I ensure that water flowing to the radiator is turned off so I won't pour out when I change the valve etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on the system type you have.

If it sealed then depressurise the system and empty the rad via the connection at the valve, leave the valve open and that will also draing the system to that point. Turn the other rads off to stop losing too much water. If the system is fed from a small tank in the loft then you need to bung the tank and vent and it's a little more tricky.

Depends on the system type you have.

If it sealed then depressurise the system and empty the rad via the connection at the valve, leave the valve open and that will also draing the system to that point. Turn the other rads off to stop losing too much water. If the system is fed from a small tank in the loft then you need to bung the tank and vent and it's a little more tricky.

Sorry , should have said it's a combi system. Thanks for the response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back