Extending cooker cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a new kitchen and changing the layout. I am replacing the existing built in double oven some 3 metres further away from the meter and therefore need to extend the cable. I intended to use a cooker circuit jb and run behind units and under worktop to new cooker. However when I have removed old cooker the cable isn't long enough to go under worktop! Could I safely run horizontally in conduit under the plaster a couple of inches off the ceiling and down behind the new cooker?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Glyn1959 said:
Hi, I am fitting a new kitchen and changing the layout. I am replacing the existing built in double oven some 3 metres further away from the meter and therefore need to extend the cable. I intended to use a cooker circuit jb and run behind units and under worktop to new cooker. However when I have removed old cooker the cable isn't long enough to go under worktop! Could I safely run horizontally in conduit under the plaster a couple of inches off the ceiling and down behind the new cooker?? :confused:

providing the cables are in permitted areas, the yes

150mm from ceiling, 150mm from corners and vertically/hortizontally between accessories

Thanks, I did not realise I had to drop to 150mm though ... bno problem this will ensure the jb will be out of sight.

Sponsored Links
Glyn1959 said:
Thanks, I did not realise I had to drop to 150mm though ... bno problem this will ensure the jb will be out of sight.

you dont, it must be WITHIN 150mm of ceiling. not AT 150mm of ceiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back