Extending FLex in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am assuming the answer is you can't but I will ask anyway. I have an electric towel rail for the bathroom. Thermostat and flex cord comes out the bottom, and the electric outlet is near the ceiling (about 4 feet) above where the rail needs to be. The flex on the rail is only about 10" long. Is there anything I can do other than box the outlet? I really would rather not do this as it's on a stone wall and channeling out the wall will be an absolute pain in the backside. I've checked and the flex is hardwired into the thermostat PCB board so can't simply replace the flex directly from the thermostat. I also checked and you can't mount it upside down so the flex on the rail is at the top, which is what I was going to do. In fact I just mounted in on the wall ready for instillation but checked with the manufacturer and they said it can;t be upside down.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Is it an outside wall? is it possible to run supply up the other side of wall? is this a first floor bathroom?

I've checked and the flex is hardwired into the thermostat PCB board so can't simply replace the flex directly from the thermostat.
So if you could you'd extend/replace the flex, and have it trailing down the wall?

How cack would that look?

first floor bathroom, outside solid stone wall. I was going to use trunking if it was possible for now. I need the heat in the bathroom to work as it's pretty cold in there first thing. I would look at channeling out next spring but can not afford an SDS drill and all the work that is involved in making it look "not cack" right now. So is this possible?

Actually having the junction box in the middle of the wall is about as cack as you get anyway.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Use cable in trunking to connect a flex outlet at low level to an FCU near the ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back