Extending House - What do you recommend ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're extending our house from a 3 bed/1 bath semi to 4 bed/2 baths/3 showers house.

I current system has been on its last legs for a number of years, but we have managed to make it last until now.

I want to replace our existing boiler (traditional, with hot and cold tanks) for a new one.

TYPE OF BOILER

COMBI

People have raved onto me about Combi's but I'm not convinced that it will able to service the number of outlets we are going to have.

MEGAFLOW

Our builder recommended a megaflow system, stating all new houses come with one, but I've never heard of this before.

HALF / HALF

Somebody else said you can get a Combi boiler with a small tank, and that this might meet our needs.

Currently our boiler is wall mounted in the kitchen and the hot water tank in an airing cupboard in the bathroom. I'm not desperate to get both moved, but if I've got builders and plumbers in for a few months, I suppose I should consider if these could be house better elsewhere. I've been told that lofts and garages are good options for locations. Are there any considerations in moving the boiler etc ?

Many thanks in advance.

Jazz

Sponsored Links
They must be raving to rave about combi`s.....ok for rented 1 bed flats :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back