Extending Microbore CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
My central heating system is 8mm microbore. I wish to replace one radiator in the bathroom and add a towel warmer. Can i add this to the same circuit as the radiator? The manifold feeding the rads are all used up so no option to run new pipes. If I connect these in parallel can I use 15mm pipes or stick with the 8mm?

Sponsored Links
8mm !! thats small

u could add it in 15 but will need balancing well....u'll need to nearly turn the valves off.

teeing off 8 mm is not a really good idea but if thats all u've can do (other than getting a bigger manifold) then do it..

i have done before succesfully.

take to opportunity to cleanse and inhibit ur system

JPC said:
u could add it in 15 but will need balancing well....u'll need to nearly turn the valves off.

Thanks for the advice. What do you mean by 'Balancing' ? Is this to ensure the flow is the same in both the radiator and the towel warmer? Or does it apply to the rest of the system?

Sponsored Links
check FAQ. its to try and ensure equal flow to all rads without anyone taking too much of the flow and starving others

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back