extending patio nearer to rear brick shed (old terrace)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here, be gentle! :)

I have a bog standard 2 up 2 down terrace (built on bog, in fact!) in Cardiff and over 7 years have stripped it and redone the lot, just to a basic comfortable standard.

Im at the last stage which is finishing the back of the house, there's an external shed attached to the house (a lot of houses will have had these converted to bathrooms, not mine tho!), external access only. Basically it has a concrete floor with no dpc, single skin red brick, rendered inside and out.

outside there is a patio that ends about 2 feet before the shed wall. at the lip of the patio there is a 10 inch drop then some paving slabs meet the rear wall, probably just beneath the concrete floor inside the shed.

I want to extend the patio towards this shed, by filling this 'gap', as close to the shed wall as I can. My question is, how close can I get to the wall and what should I do about the smaller gap? Im thinking leave a gap, dont know how big, sloped concrete under it and put some kind of drain/cover and allow water to run off and out on one end?

hope this makes?! Probably would help with pics, which I can supply.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back