Extending, where to start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in. We are talking about a rear extension to our mid terrace 1950s house, the gardens are 150ft long so lots of potential space. I have done lots of renovation so far but talk of a 3rd child means a potential move or extend our 2.5/3 bed house.

I want to have as little input in any potential project as possible, my stress levels are already at 300%! How do people go about starting this process? Are there companies around that can take the whole project including drawings/planning/building/water/electrics and co-ordinating this?

Im not sure what is possible layout wise as well, I have few ideas other than "need an extra bedroom". Should I just get in contact with an architect?

Thanks for any guidance.

Sponsored Links
Decent local architect/architectural technician to start with. And start asking around for builder recommendations, who have done a similar job to yours end to end. Architect might be able to recommend too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back