Extension/aquarium

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after years of wanting a decent size fish tank and running out of paces in the house due the size and weight of them i have decided to convert the con`y i built about 3 years ago into an extension and extend the cony/extension in to the workshop i built onto the back of the house, i am starting to look into the in`s and out`s of this and the problems with building regs, i say this as the workshop walls are built from prefab concrete panels which i will want to keep and fully insulate, after all its just a workshop in affect as this will house the fish tank.
The roof will be a flat roof type with a GRP covering and the basic warm type for better regs.

This is a rough plan i did of it, the seating area is the main cony foot print as it is now and the rest is the workshop but for an extra 8 foot longer which goes down the back of the house as there is only 4 foot width space there to next doors property/walkway.

Any thought on the building regs for keep the prefab concrete panels?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back