Extension / Conservatory Alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking into adding extra room on my property but my budget is fairly limited.

I don't want a conservatory for the usual problems they invite and my budget doesn't stretch to a brick built extension.

Has anyone had a positive experience in buying a modular extension which are sort of 'Off the shelf' type extensions?
I've seen a growing number on the market that differ massively in price.

I'm keen to know thoughts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The cheapest way to add an extra room is to build a standalone outbuilding/garden room. You can build a fully insulated home office around 15m2 for about £6k. The moment you want it attached to your house, is the moment its cost goes up as building control etc is needed.

Cheers, I'm looking at garden offices for sure but at the moment. A self-build attached option is looking appealing. In the future I will go with a fully brick-built extension but I'm looking for something to keep me going until i move in the next 5 years or so.
Noted on building control but i wouldn't be removing external doors which is one thing that would help.

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at SIPS panels. Plenty of companies will make them to measure and they are pretty easy to install as well as probably improving the thermal efficiency of the house they are attached to (unless its a new build).

Doors, windows, and electric need building control and the heating needs to separate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back