Extension Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get an extension on our 3 bed semi. I will knock the garage down so it's ready for the builder to dig the founds and start building :cool:

The dimensions would be 2.9m wide x 8.5m long. Downstairs will be a garage and kitchen at the back and upstairs will be an en-suite bedroom.

My dilema is we've had several quotes back and all of them vary a lot from £26k, £31K, £36k and £41k. The cost includes just the building work, electrics and a plastered finish. Doen't include bathroom suite or kitchen units etc

I know it's very hard for people to say without actually seeing the job but the 4 prices I've had are from builders who have been recommended. It just seems a big difference between all 4 quotes. Is there a rough guide per m2 of what it would cost for a standard extension build? I've seen the figure of £1000 per m2 but is that per floor? For mine that would be £25k or £50k if that figure is on a per floor basis??

Very confused and don't know what to do :confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would say £1000 p/m for the ground floor and £900 p/m for the first floor. These prices will include a basic finish.

£41k seems realistic.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.

Not sure what to do as the one which came in at 31k has done extensions in my area and did one for a friend and the quality seemed to be very good. Just a small family firm who employees 3 people and come recommended from different sources. I was hoping the 1000 per m2 was just the floor space on a single level and not both.

Hmmmm decisions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back