Extension Flue Kit for Protherm 80e Combination Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I hope there would be someone out there who may be able to help me.
I have an oldish combi boiler (Protherm 80e) and need to move it a little to hide it in a cupboard.

I thought this is going to be a nice DIY until I found out that the boiler is discontinued and the are no spare flue kits available.

I searched everywhere on the Internet with no luck. Also called a few suppliers and nothing.

Is there anybody who may help? I would probably need to extend the existing flue by 80-100cm. I was thinking of getting something of a similar diameter and match it somehow but would rather have a genuine part.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Kamil

Sponsored Links
You dont need to be very knowledgeable to realise that most work on gas appliances needs to be done by a gas registered engineer. Thats particularly the case with flues.

Nor do you seem to have considered if its safe to enclose it in a cupboard!

Similarly you have not considered if the flue can be safely extended. There are maximum lengths for each model.

Your boiler is a cheap model made in Eastern Europe with little technical backup in the UK. Makers are not interested in supplying spares and accessories as they want to sell a new boiler.

Its a good opportunity for you to have a nice new condensing boiler and save some gas!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.

1. My dad and brother in law are both qualified gas engineers. I just need to get the part as they were not able to and I do not want them to spend all their time to look for parts for us. I can do the homework myself.

2. Did not explain properly...Not planning to move it in to any cupboards. At the moment the boiler is exposed in the living room where everyone can see it. There is a little wall next to the chimney and that is where I will be moving the boiler to.

3. I realize it is difficult to get parts for this boiler but my question remains:
Is there anybody who has any ideas where I could at least try to get the extension kit from?

I know 1 meter one exists as I can see such part in the manual. Part no 85091. The length of the flue according to a diagram in the manual can be from 0.3m to 3m long. The diameter of the outer part of the flue is 100mm and the inner part of the flue is 60mm in diameter.

Here is the manual I am referring to: http://www.ultimatehandyman.org/PDF/Protherm/Protherm-80-e-Installation-manual.pdf[url][/url]

OP, if your father and brother are both qualified heating engineers, you would not be asking questions you have posted. Even a failed heating engineer would be able to answer the questions your qualified relative cannot help you with, Call the number shown on the manual and see what you get

In this case I am in no doubt that what Kamil has told us is all true.

It just all sounded like a DIY job at first.

However if his relatives in the profession cannot find the parts then its most likely that it is unavailable. The boiler was last sold about 10 years ago and it would be financial suicide to be holding accessories for a 10 year old appliance for so long.

Just possibly there is someone who has the part. I might even have one myself, I certainly have a Jaguar standard flue for a non condens!

Tony

Thanks Tony.

With regards to the previous replay, my brother in law rang that number and was told they do not spare parts. I think the company that took over is Glow Worm.

And THIS IS WHY I am here. You will be amazed what you can find on the Internet. There are people out there who are getting rid of their old heaters and may have some spare parts.

Surely there must be other models with the same type of flue kits on.

I will be replacing it myself in the future but until it does the job for us I have other expenses having purchased the property a few months ago.

Thank you to all HELPFUL people out there.

Again, if you think you can help it would be much appreciated.

Regards

In this case I am in no doubt that what Kamil has told us is all true.

It just all sounded like a DIY job at first.

However if his relatives in the profession cannot find the parts then its most likely that it is unavailable. The boiler was last sold about 10 years ago and it would be financial suicide to be holding accessories for a 10 year old appliance for so long.

Just possibly there is someone who has the part. I might even have one myself, I certainly have a Jaguar standard flue for a non condens!

Tony

Hello, its a long shot, but do you still have this flue for the jaguar boiler?

DIY job to move a boiler. All the best.

Find 'something' the same diameter to match up to a flue. All the best.

Flues aren't just pieces of 4" pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back